How to Make Healthy Homemade Marshmallows
Did you know that a store-bought marshmallow is loaded with 4 grams of sugar? How many do you eat – I eat the whole bag. Oh dear.
This healthy marshmallow recipe is yummy – and easy to make.
Homemade Marshmallows Ingredients
- 1 1/2 tbsp of gelatin
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
Homemade Marshmallows Instructions
- Lightly grease a loaf pan and cover with baking paper
- Grease the paper, trust us!
- Place 1/4 cup of water in a medium mixer bowl and dust over the gelatin
- Set aside
- In a small pan, add in a 1/4 cup of water, honey and the salt
- Heat on medium heat
- Using a cooking thermometer, bring the mixture to 240 degrees
- Remove from the heat once it’s at the correct temperature
- Using an electric mixer , mix on low speed
- Slowly mix in the hot syrup into the gelatin mixture you’d set aside
- Once it’s all combined, add the vanilla and then mix on high speed
- Beat for 15 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and fluffy
- Scrape into the pre-prepared pan and leave uncovered for 6-12 hours to dry.
- Cut into bars squares – enjoy!